Why use vaginal estrogen cream to treat vaginal dryness?
Why treat the symptoms of vaginal dryness and atrophy when you can reverse the problem at the cause? We have become used to treating our symptoms with medications but not get to the root of the problem, and fix it as naturally as possible. We need to ask: “What is causing vaginal dryness”? You didn’t have vaginal dryness in your twenties, so why now? Estrogen deficiency. Women have pain during sex because she can’t “lube up” for penetration of the penis. Dry sex is painful sex.
It’s not just the vagina that dries up in menopause, nearly everything else does too:
- Muscles lose fluids that give the tissues the ability to be flexible and move around as needed. We lose these fluids when estrogen tanks resulting in muscle atrophy and symptoms of fibromyalgia but doctors don’t treat the cause, they write a prescription to manage the symptoms.
- Vaginas disappear into the vaginal abyss when our estrogen tanks because we no longer produce the fluids to keep the vagina full, moist, responsive, and shapely. Remove the fluids by having low estrogen, and you have the incredible shrinking, dry vagina. The smell of the vagina changes due to the lack of fluid designed to flush and clean. Doctors write scripts to treat this symptoms of estrogen deficiency.
- Saliva reduces significantly when our estrogen is too low. We are more susceptible to periodontal disease and dental caries than any other time of our lives. Women over 40 have the highest rate of periodontal disease than any other demographic because we have no fluids in our mouth. Our gingival tissue (gums) dry up, shrink and become a target for infection (periodontal disease). We also have a high rate of dental caries because we no longer have the saliva needed to continually rinse and cleanse the oral cavity. With a lack of saliva, women develop a sensitive gag reflex. Dentists perform procedures to treat this cause of estrogen deficiency.
- Eyes dry up. Perimenopausal and menopausal women have a difficult time wearing contact lenses because we lose the fluids in our eyes when estrogen plummets, so doctors prescribe eye drops to treat this symptom of estrogen deficiency.
- Joints hurt when we lose the fluids that act as a cushion and lubricant and doctors write prescriptions to treat this symptoms of estrogen deficiency.
- Itchy skin is prevalent in perimenopausal and menopausal women because we lose the fluids in our skin that make it soft, smooth, and moist due to estrogen deficiency. It doesn’t matter the brand or the price of the moisturizer, if estrogen is in the toilet, skin will be dry and your doctor will write a prescription to treat this estrogen deficiency symptom.
- Hair breaks off and is brittle because we lose the fluids in it that keep our hair strong, flowing, and full.
- Nails become dry, brittle, shred and split when estrogen is too low.
- Osteoporosis is not dictated my calcium and Vitamin D. We’ve been lied to. They play a small role but it’s estrogen that will decide if your bones will become holed and crumble. Restore the estrogen, reverse and prevent osteoporosis. Doctors treat this estrogen deficiency symptom with harsh medications for life.
You don’t have to be in menopause or perimenopause to have estrogen deficiency. It’s estrogen deficiency that causes perimenopause, menopause, PMS, PCOS, and endometriosis.
If estrogen deficiency is causing these symptoms, why aren’t we restoring estrogen back to levels that reverse and prevent them? Medical schools don’t teach doctors to get to the root of the problem, they’re taught to write prescriptions or perform surgery to manage symptoms.
Women don’t have these symptoms in their twenties when their estrogen is optimal. The only difference between a 25 year old woman and a 55 year old woman are the levels of estrogen she has. One has healthy levels of estrogen and is symptom free, the other has no estrogen and is suffering with the symptoms of estrogen deficiency.